The first game I thought I would make would be a bullet dodger. The concept will not be much different than most bullet dodgers, except it will be a FPS style one.
Here is my scope, and hopefully I will not creep :)
- Game Play
- FPS style bullet dodger
- Basic level with small structures to hide behind
Infinite level with progressively harder levels
- Random-ish flight patterns of enemies
- No Modeling, just basic shapes offered by Unity.
A couple of different types of enemies, denoted by the type of gun they use
- Screen Effects on being shot
- Particle Effects on bullets
I want to build so many more features, but I am intentionally limiting it to what I believe I can accomplis in a small amount of time.
It is open source and can be found here: Bullet Dodger
Here are a few links that really helped me create this game. Most of this is very simple.
- Input Controls
- Enemy Movement
- It does exactly what I thought it would do. Use a Mathf.Sin function to control flight. I am going to extend that and use spawn/random points, user location, and that movement to make the enemies flight appear a bit more random.
- FPS Controls
- Space Shooter
- This tutorial really helped. Gave me the great idea of a shotSpawn.
- Icons For Empty Game Objects